A world where all young children, especially those living in disadvantaged circumstances, develop to their fullest potential.
The Consultative Group convenes, mobilizes and engages global ECCD actors in order to generate and disseminate knowledge on early childhood care and development for use in advocacy, policy, planning, capacity building, programming and evaluation research, aimed at improving the development of children, families and communities, especially those living in disadvantaged circumstances in low- and middle-income countries.
- a) Consultation and Collaboration
- We are a group of equal partners who consult and share information and ideas with each other.
- b) Human and Child Rights
- We work within a rights-based framework and seek to ensure that children’s and parents’ rights are known, well understood, and realised in all countries.
- c) Diversity
- We encourage diversity in our membership and our points of view, and we believe that such diversity is a source of strength.
- d) Inclusiveness
- We strive to include all members in our processes and activities and highly value their inputs.
- e) Transparency
- Our discourse and decision-making processes are open and subject to review and scrutiny by all members.
- f) Evidence-based
- We ensure that our deliberations and decisions are guided by research results and practical experience in the field.
- g) Effectiveness
- We seek to ensure that our work contributes to long-term solutions that make a difference in the field.
- h) Equity and equality
- We support equity as a goal and objective for all of our actions, including gender equity.